If you suffer from a painful or nagging condition that persists, despite medical interventions, you may want to consider alternative therapies, such as chiropractic care. Unfortunately, there are a lot of misperceptions out there when it comes to chiropractic treatments. If you have never considered this type of therapy, here are five things that may surprise you about chiropractic care.
Are you willing to try something new to treat your painful or persistent condition? Contact our office to set up an appointment with Justin TX chiropractor Dr. Cody Doyle. To reach our Roanoke TX office, contact us online or call (817) 767-5430. For the La Grange TX office, you can contact us by calling (979) 968-6400.
1. It’s about more than just your back and neck. A lot of people think chiropractic treatments are only for pain and injury in the back and neck. Not so! Pain and dysfunction in virtually any part of the body may have its roots in spinal misalignment. Your central nervous system starts in the brain and travels down the spinal column (spinal cord) to reach out to every part of the body. The spinal bones and nerves control every function of your body from head to toe. If the joints of the spine are not aligning and moving properly and your physiological function is altered, a chiropractic treatment may help you achieve more ideal function at the source of your pain.
Some of the conditions that can be treated with chiropractic care include:
- Headaches and migraines
- Plantar fasciitis
- Disc issues
- Bursitis, sciatica, and hip strains
- Knee and ankle conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Stress and anxiety
- Weight management
2. Chiropractic treatments do not hurt. If you’ve never experienced a chiropractic treatment, but have seen them depicted on TV or in movies, you may have a misguided impression of what happens during a session. There is no fierce jerking or bone snapping involved—just gentle pressure applied to specific spinal bones. After their first visit, most patients find the treatments to be gentler and shorter than they had anticipated.
3. Chiropractors know a lot about your whole body. The training to become a licensed and certified chiropractor is very similar to that of a medical doctor, in that they must take classes on a wide range of scientific and medical knowledge. These include anatomy, neurology, physiology, biochemistry, orthopedics, microbiology, and much more. This training gives them the knowledge to understand how different body systems work together and display dysfunction in different areas of the body. Ask Dr. Cody Doyle about his training at University of Texas at Arlington and Texas Chiropractic College in Pasadena to learn more about his education. Dr. Doyle has been treating patients for over 20 years in the Roanoke, LaGrange, and Justin TX area.
4. Chiropractic treatments can help you stay well. When the structural and biomechanical elements of the body function properly, it can help all your body systems function better. Dr. Doyle specializes in integrative therapies that treat the whole patient. Many find that not only do their initial dysfunctions/conditions improve with a series of treatments, but they also see improvement in their energy levels, stress management, and immune functioning. For example, many athletes choose chiropractic care to help them improve their balance and coordination as well as prevent and treat injuries.
5. A new injury or condition is often not as new as you think. If you have recently started to experience a great deal of pain (in the knee or shoulder, for example), your suffering may feel new—but pain is often the last symptom of dysfunction. Many injuries and painful conditions in the ligaments, joints, and muscles are the result of long-term biomechanical dysfunction. Chiropractic and integrative treatments can help correct the cause of your pain. With more and more people turning away from medication-based pain management, there is good cause to want to get to the root cause of your injury rather than just avoid the pain it causes.
If standard medical interventions have not fixed your painful condition, Justin TX chiropractor Dr. Cody Doyle would love to have the opportunity to help you get well! For our Roanoke TX office contact us online or call (817) 767-5430. Contact our office today or schedule your consultation online.